Anyone can be an MMoCA Volunteer! Enthusiastic volunteers are vital to the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art; they complement, support, and expand our successful, wide-ranging programs and events. Tell your friends, family, and co-workers and get in on the fun together today.
Through its volunteer programs, MMoCA has an opportunity for every interest. The museum regularly seeks volunteers for a variety of positions related to special event staffing and planning, office support, and library support. Volunteers greet guests at MMoCA Openings, grill brats and hot dogs at Art Fair on the Square in July, sell tickets at the winter MMoCA Art & Gift Fair, assist with monthly mailings, and provide invaluable support for countless other tasks throughout the year.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Friday, April 12: Admissions Volunteers to greet guests arriving for the annual Stephen Fleischman Lectureship featuring Sonya Clark. Review complete description, available time slots, and sign up by clicking here.
Late May through early July: Kids Area Coordinator to assist with Art Fair on the Square planning and preparation.
July 13 & 14: ART FAIR ON THE SQUARE! Get your crew together and have a good time while helping MMoCA at our largest annual fundraiser. Volunteers receive one free brat/hot dog coupon (vegetarian option available) and one free beverage coupon for each shift worked, redeemable at MMoCA concession stands. Sign up for a shift, or two — or three! The first 100 volunteers to sign up for 3 (or more!) shifts receives the official Art Fair on the Square t-shirt.
Review available Art Fair on the Square tasks and sign-up links:
- Concessions: Serve brats & beverages at concessions stands
- Artist Relief: Provide short breaks for exhibiting artists
- Serve beer, soda, water: Beverages only concessions stands
- Greeters: Greet attendees, hand out fair programs
- Kids Area Attendants: Assist with art and craft activities
- Post-fair Clean Up: Help us pick up items left over by artists and fairgoers
- Complete listing of Art Fair on the Square volunteer opportunities here.
To receive more information and opportunities, click here and sign up to receive our monthly Volunteer Notes e-newsletter (Select MMoCA Subscription Option “Volunteer Notes”). You’re also welcome to fill out and submit the online Volunteer Application Form and we’ll keep it on file.
Regularly updated, bookmark this link and review all current MMoCA volunteering opportunities. Feel free to sign up for anything that piques your interests!
Questions? Comments? Reach out to our Events & Volunteers Assistant, Amy L. Murphy, at email@example.com.
MMoCA is supported by a diverse and enthusiastic body of volunteers, collectively known as MMoCA Volunteers. Anyone can be an MMoCA Volunteer. There are three ways to get started:
(1) You can simply sign up for current opportunities at mmoca.ivolunteer.com; and/or
(2) You can send your full name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to a monthly volunteer newsletter; and/or
(3) You can fill out the online form here if you would you like us to keep you in mind for special projects best suited to your skill set or interests.
You are NOT required to fill out this form before you sign up for a specific job using the iVolunteer sign up system. The information you provide on this form will help us match you with future volunteer job opportunities.
MMoCA’s docents share their knowledge and enthusiasm to help visitors gain insight into art, and are a vital part of the museum’s efforts to provide experiences that educate, reflect, and inspire. Docents lead tours of MMoCA’s exhibitions for children and adults, and involve tour participants in lively discussions about the art on view. Above all, they encourage group members to look closely at works of art and find meaning through interpretation of a work of art’s subject, materials, and style.
MMoCA’s internship program invites applications from art-enthusiastic individuals who have completed at least two years of college coursework (or equivalent) and are interested in gaining first-hand professional experience in a museum setting.
Applicants are encouraged to obtain academic credit for their internship through their college or university. While internships are unpaid, MMoCA offers interns the following benefits:
- Free admission to MMoCA exhibition openings, art talks, and films
- Staff discounts at the Museum Store
- Behind-the-scenes previews of exhibitions and special events
- Real-world museum work experience!