Registration for the 2022 MMoCA Mosaic 5K has closed.
Anyone can register online for the second annual MMoCA Mosaic 5K for just $35. Those who register can run, walk, or roll the 5K at any pace, anywhere—inside or out—from January 14-28, 2022.
MMoCA prefers that you register by January 13, 2022. The final registration deadline is January 26, 2022.
HOW TO REGISTER IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS:
The 5K should be completed any day(s) or time from January 14-28, 2022. (There’s no need to report completion, when you submit a photo of your 5K at https://www.mmoca.org/5Kphoto2022 we know you’ve enjoyed the event!).
The 5K starting line is your choice! It can be completed anywhere—inside or out—even on a treadmill or with a stroll around the neighborhood. Walk for an hour, use a fitness tracker, or map a route on Google to reach 5K (3.1 miles). For example, walking from the Capitol Building, past MMoCA on State Street, down to Lake Street, and back to the Capitol would be about one mile, do this three times and you’ve completed a 5K!
WHAT TO EXPECT
This non-competitive, inclusive, socially-distanced event is for everyone. Use your feet, hands, bike, treadmill, walker, push rim, or wheelchair—all ages and all abilities are encouraged to participate.
- A 5K is 3.1 miles and can be completed on one day or over multiple days at any pace.
- Slower paced walk: Expect 60-75 minutes to complete a 5K
- Moderate to brisk walk: Expect 45 minutes to complete a 5K
- Fast walk: Expect less than 40 minutes to complete a 5K
WHAT TO WEAR
- If you decide to run, walk, or roll outside please be sure to check and dress for the weather.
- Just for fun, you can print and pin/tape/hold the 2022 bib: https://www.mmoca.org/2022bib
- Sidewalks, streets, and hallways may be slippery, so be sure to wear appropriate non-slip footwear.
- Be sure to abide by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)’s recommendations for the prevention of the spread of viruses including COVID-19 at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/guidance.html. Also, be sure to follow any COVID-19 distancing and other safety guidelines issued by your city, county, and state.
CREATE A FUNDRAISING PAGE
Optional: Set a fundraising goal, and ask your friends and family to support your efforts. Use your page to send your supporters updates as they track your progress. Visit www.justgiving.com/campaign/mm5k2022 and click the orange box on the right that says, Start Fundraising.
MOSAIC, PHOTO SUBMISSION AND SCARF
- Submit a photo of your 5K to https://www.mmoca.org/5Kphoto2022 to become part of a vibrant photo mosaic, viewable online and at MMoCA from Friday, February 11-Sunday, March 13, 2022.
- All MMoCA Mosaic 5K registrants will receive a limited-edition MMoCA Mosaic 5K scarf in late February featuring the work of a local artist!
DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE EVENT INFORMATION
You can print the complete event details with our 1-page PDF!
Email email@example.com or call Annik Dupaty at 608.257.0159 or Grace Hime at 312.673.8448.