Rooftop Cinema: Ann Arbor Film Festival Tour
June 28 @ 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm
The Ann Arbor Film Festival is the oldest avant-garde and experimental film festival in North America, founded in 1963. Rooftop Cinema will conclude its season with the touring program of nine award winning films featured at the 2019 Festival in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Titles include Tropics by Mathilde Lavenne (Best Experimental Film); Gloria’s Call by Cheri Gaulke (Best Documentary Film); 32-Rbit by Victor Orozco Ramirez (Best Animated Film); and Under Covers by Michaela Olsen (Prix DeVarti for Funniest Film).
• Traces with Elikem by Ariana Gerstein (The Peter Wilde Award for Most Technically Innovative Film)
• TÅKE by Inger Lise Hansen (Jury Award)
• 32-Rbit by Victor Orozco Ramirez (The Chris Frayne Award for Best Animated Film)
• Wolves From Above by Demelza Kooij (Jury Award)
• 60 Elephants. Episodes of a Theory. by Sasha Pirker and Michael Klein (The No Violence Award)
• TROPICS by Mathilde Lavenne (Best Experimental Film)
• Gloria’s Call by Cheri Gaulke (Best Documentary Film)
• Under Covers by Michaela Olsen (Prix DeVarti for Funniest Film)
Program running time: 100 minutes
Films begin at sundown, at approximately 9 pm. Rooftop Cinema is free for MMoCA members/$5 for non-members; admission begins at the lobby reception desk 30 minutes before screen time. Screenings relocate to the lecture hall if rain is predicted.