We are excited to welcome you to the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art!
Based on CDC and local health department recommendations, Museum employees are required to wear masks while on duty or while interacting with the public. Due to concerns over the highly transmissible Delta variant of the coronavirus, and in accordance with CDC recommendations, MMoCA is again requiring visitors to wear masks inside the building, and in shared spaces such as the elevator. Masks are highly recommended outside on the Rooftop Sculpture Garden.
Our top priority is always the safety of our guests, artists, and staff, and ask that you help us keep our community healthy.
Our current gallery hours are:
Friday-Sunday: 12-6 pm
Monday-Thursday: galleries closed
Guests are asked to stay home and recuperate if they have recently experienced symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, loss of taste, dry cough or any other symptoms relating to the coronavirus or other communicable disease.
We ask that all guests agree to the following policies prior to visiting the galleries:
Masks or cloth face coverings required for all guests over the age of 5
Maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more whenever possible
Wash your hands (or use hand sanitizer) often
To help keep our guests healthy, MMoCA will:
- Increase custodial duties of public spaces, including elevator buttons, railings, door handles, and faucets
- Arrange hand sanitizer and tissues prominently throughout the building.
- Create touch-free and online educational resources for use at the museum and at home.
- Place restrictions on the number of guests allowed in a gallery at a time
- Require staff to wear masks, maintain social distancing whenever possible, and wash their hands upon arrival and throughout their shift
- Update our website for easy access to gallery maps, event information, exhibition notes, and other content normally available as paper handouts
- Encourage you to check our website often, as additional policies and preventative measures may be added or amended to ensure that we follow all Public Health Madison and Dane County policies and recommendations from the CDC.
- A special note about MMoCA’s ventilation system:
For everyone’s safety, MMoCA has taken increased measures to ensure HVAC systems help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
HVAC systems are running 24/7, with increased air ventilation and air dampers to enhance the flow of fresh air throughout the building. Air passes through two, high-quality filters in all the building’s air handling units, removing up to 95% of particulates.
Outside/return air flowing into the public spaces, including the galleries, pass through three filters, including a HEPA filter that reduces 99.7 % of particulate matter.
Feel free to contact the museum’s Director of Public Operations, Bob Sylvester, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Image: James Cagle, Domestic Image (Kleenex) (detail), 2015. Archival pigment print, 12 x 18 in. (20 x 26 in.). Collection of the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art. Gift of the artist.